We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Mill Bay Veterinary Hospital is happy to offer an after-hours service until 10:00 pm Monday through Saturday for emergencies that arise during our closed hours. If you have an emergency call our regular phone number 250-743-3223, your call will be sent to a message service, and our on-call veterinarian will promptly call you back. If our veterinarian, in fact, needs to see your pet right away, they will meet you at our hospital. In more extreme cases that require after-hours surgery, the veterinarian may need to call in another veterinarian or technician for assistance.
Our hospital is located on the Deloume Road/Trans Canada Highway intersection, behind the Shell station in Mill Bay. The hospital address is 840 Deloume Road.
Are you a 24-hour vet hospital?
Our hospital is not open 24 hours a day, meaning we do not have staff in the building overnight. Our regular hours are 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturdays.
Where is the closest emergency service animal hospital?
The closest emergency hospital to us is the Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital. CVVH is a 24-hour emergency hospital with staff working 24 hours a day. No matter what time you have an emergency, this hospital will be open to help you. 250-475-2495located at 760 Roderick St, Victoria, B.C.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 30, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250-743-3223. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock on our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations as long as we have the staff available to maintain the standard practice protocols. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Mill Bay Veterinary Hospital