We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Important Notice for our After Hours/On Call Service
For small animal emergencies when our hospital is closed, please contact your nearest emergency facility:
Nanaimo | Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital - 250.933.0913
Langford | WAVES Vet Hospital - 778.432.4322
Victoria | Central Victoria Vet Hospital - 250.475.2495
Welcome to Mill Bay Veterinary Hospital in Mill Bay, British Columbia
We are a mixed animal practice located in the Cowichan Valley. Our veterinarians and staff are dedicated to delivering the best possible healthcare to the pets and livestock of our community. We strive to provide the most up to date treatment and information regarding every one of our patients and to ensure our best service is given to every client, in a friendly and positive practice environment.
Please call 250.743.3223 to book an appointment for your pet today!
We have all been to that tiny convenience store, paying an outrageous amount for a bag of marshmallows while camping because that is the one thing you forgot, and well, camping isn't complete without making smores. It is a bit more difficult when we forget something our pet needs.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 30, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250-743-3223. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock on our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations as long as we have the staff available to maintain the standard practice protocols. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Mill Bay Veterinary Hospital